I feel like I should preface this by saying I am feeling exceptionally chatty tonight and since I've already talked to Eric and my parents, I get to now type your ear off.
Okay, so I had intended to go workout early this morning as I knew I was taking the kids to the Discovery Center during the time I normally prefer to go to the Y. That didn't happen because Drew decided he didn't like his room in the middle of the night and came into ours. Normally when he does this I don't wake up and he just gets into bed with us. This time I woke up and made him go back to his bed ---- 10 times!!!! So, needless to say I wasn't up for going to the Y at 5:30 am!
Went to the Discovery Center, had lunch at McAlister's Deli and ran by Hobby Lobby and came home to put Owen down for a nap. I was halfway through cleaning up the kitchen when he woke up screaming after only about 45 minutes. He normally takes a 2 hour nap!!!! Grrrrr..... That started the Owen cry fest that went on for about 1.5 hours. He'd cry, play, cry, play, get knocked around by Drew, cry, play, etc. Then Morgan and Drew started in on each other and I looked at the clock - 4 pm!!! The light bulb went on - YMCA Childcare is now open for business & my kids were going to be needing their services asap!
PRAISE GOD FOR SMALL THINGS LIKE THE YMCA CHILDCARE CENTER because I was seriously about to lose what was left of my mind!
Did my workout and it felt great. I haven't really enjoyed exercise much in the past as evidenced by my fat belly which often times causes me to get "the" look. You know the one, someone looks at you, looks at your belly and you know they want to ask if you are expecting. About 5 months ago I actually had someone (a relative who shall remain nameless) ask, "Are you pregnant again?" My reply, "Nope, I'm just fat but thanks for asking." (Said with a laugh & a smile - at least I can joke about it right?)
At any rate, in November I did the fitness analysis and found out what I already new, I am WAY out of shape. Good thing is that they told me what I needed to do to help reach my goals of a new & better me. Couldn't really do much about it in December as we spent the entire month with sickness being passed around and vacation. That leads me to January and out of the last 5 days, I've gone to the YMCA 4 of them. I already feel better, I can already see an improvement in my cardio capabilities on the treadmill, and I am feeling more "balanced" in other areas in my life. It's a nice feeling and I am finding that I actually am ENJOYING working out for once in my life.
That said, I can't say that I will go to the Y in the afternoons much. Wow - it was super crowded and I spent a lot of time waiting for machines. I hate that. I think I'll stick to my mornings for a while. If you see me at the Y during the afternoon it's because I needed a kid break more than I was motivated to work-out LOL!
On to other subjects. Told you I was feeling talkative today :)
I think Eric & I have agreed on a school for Morgan. Since moving to TN she has really been missing that aspect of her routine. Morgan has been in school of some sort since she was three and has really thrived there. She loves to learn and LOVES school. I called several places, talked to several people and we have decided to send her to First Presbyterian Church for preschool on Tues & Thurs. They don't have a spot open until the first T/TH in February but that's okay. She so desperately needs to make some friends her own age. She has one friend from church that she really likes and he's a very nice boy but she needs some girls to hang out with too. I felt so bad for her today. We were in the car driving between places and I look in my mirror and see her crying. When I asked her why she said it was because she missed her friends. It just broke my heart. She hasn't cried about that in a while and I don't know exactly what brought it on. We came home and later called her friend Elizabeth. She enjoyed talking to someone from Bartlesville. THANKS ELIZABETH! MORGAN MISSES YOU! I enjoyed talking to you as well Rachel! It's been too long.
Now onto my "spirited" middle child, Drew. This kid has some serious energy. I can totally see him being a good athlete because he's just that kind of kid. That said, he has a hard time channeling that energy into something constructive. I felt bad for Eric tonight though as Drew said something not very nice about Eric and I know it had to hurt. Drew apparently wanted me to get him out of the bath and I didn't as I was cleaning the kitchen so Eric did it. He threw a big, huge fit brought on more by exhaustion than anything and then he told Eric that he didn't like him. I know it's not true as Drew thinks the world of Eric and Eric is a FANTASTIC father. Drew did apologize after talking about why it wasn't nice but still, the words were out there.
And finally, if you look to the left of this post (I think), you'll see some links. I posted a link to The Voice of the Martyrs (VOM). If you aren't familiar with this ministry, please take time to look. They do a monthly newsletter that tells you about what Christians around the world face for their faith. It's FREE and I can vouch for the fact that you won't be harassed by phone calls asking for money or tons of mailing. They don't do that. I worked at VOM for 7 years and boy do I miss lots of things about that place. It wasn't perfect, no place is - Christian or not, but the ministry that they have to the Christian church that is persecuted for it's faith, is amazing. Keeps life in perspective. To my friends at VOM - I miss you!!! It's weird living so far away and not seeing you.
So - with that I bid you goodnight!
Edited to fix a few mistakes, it's late and I'm sure I didn't catch it all - grammer, punctuation, etc. are not my strong points.
Monday, January 08, 2007
YMCA - my sanity today!
Posted by Andie at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I agree completely with the Y childcare. I feel quite comfortable leaving my kids there and it is a nice, much needed, break for me! AND it does my body good! You should try the 20/20/20 with me next week--I didn't know anyone in there yesterday, but it was a great class! I'm enjoying your blog!
Post a Comment