In church tonight we talked about the nation of Israel crossing the Jordan. The priests that were carrying the ark of the covenant stood in the middle of the Jordan while the people of Israel crossed. Before the priests moved, Joshua instructed 12 people, representing the 12 tribes to go to where the priests were standing and pick up stones. They did as requested and used the stones to create a memorial to remember what the Lord had done for them. We were given a stone that was supposed to remind us of the things that God helped us cross over in 2006.
The first thing that I thought was how awesome it would be to see God move like that these days. Wouldn't it be incredible to see Him make part of a river run dry so you could walk across it? Can you even begin to imagine? I can't. I know God can move like that in today's age but why doesn't He? Do we lack the faith to believe that He can?
After thinking about that for a while, I started to think back over all that we have crossed over during this past year - the biggest being a move from Oklahoma to Tennessee. We've had a busy year -I get tired just thinking about it LOL!
Through all the changes, I have always felt a sense of where God wanted me to be and what He wanted me to be doing. I knew when I met Eric that I was supposed to marry him. I knew that I was supposed to work at The Voice of the Martyrs (VOM) and when I wasn't. I knew that our time in Bartlesville was up and that we needed to move to Tennessee. I knew that the house we are currently in was the one that God had for us and I knew that the church we are attending was the right one. Now I am wondering what, specifically, I am supposed to be doing here now. Is my sole purpose to be the best mom & wife possible, encouraging my family in their walk with the Lord? Is there more? Should I be volunteering at church, else where?
Lord, please show me my purpose here in Smyrna.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Crossing over...
Posted by Andie at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment