Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Prayer that Changes Everything

I have a huge headache and am wondering what I am even doing posting, I just need to go to bed and pray I feel better soon.

That said, I have to share a couple of YAY GOD things.

#1: Uncle Tom is now CANCER FREE!!!!! Eric's Uncle was diagnosed with lymphoma about 7 months ago and has undergone 8 rounds of chemo. He just got his PET scan results back today and it showed him to be cancer free. GOD IS SO GOOD!

#2: About 2 weeks ago I realized that I really would like to be a part of a Bible study for mom's. I love our church and I love our sunday school but I just needed something more. Last week I took the kids to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I met a lady while I was there and we got to talking. Found out that she was a Christian, was starting on the parenting book that Eric & I had gone through (and need to reread & apply!) AND was going to be going to a mom's bible study starting this Wed. (tomorrow) at World Outreach Church in M'boro that also provides childcare. She invited me and I have been excited about it every since. Fast forward to today. My new friend calls and we talked for a while. I asked about what book the group was doing and she told me it was Stormie Omartian's book, "The Prayer That Changes Everything." This may seem insignificant to you but several weeks ago I received this book as a gift from a very good friend who knew that I was struggling in some areas. She said it was an awesome book and that I needed to read it. I find it incredible how God works things and intertwines things. I'm sure it's no accident that I hear about a Mom's group that is going through the very book that I just received and was told I needed to read! THANK YOU JESUS! I'm excited to see what the Lord teaches me through this study!

So - I am thankful for God for answered prayers and the way that He moves in my life.

I have more I can say but maybe I should leave it for another day.

0 comments: