How do you like that title?
I'm sitting here at my kitchen table with the door to the garage open so I can see if my sons wake up. They are in the car, in the garage (garage door closed), asleep. They are in their jackets and they are warm, I assure you, I just didn't want to try and get two sleeping boys inside.
So - let's start with Chick-Fil-A, I mean POOP-Fil-A. I went there today with Tammy & Suzanne after the Discovery Center so the kids could eat something other than McD's and could play. Now, there is some history with my son and CFA, long story short, the past 2 times he's come out wearing a shirt, shoes, coat & no pants because he suddenly turns into Sr. Poops-A-Lot when we go there. I was prepared today. I had a change of clothes (for him & me) and plenty of pull-ups. Not one to disappoint, Drew dirtied himself shortly after starting to play. We're making progress though - this time it stayed in his pull-up!
On another note, there was an awful child in the play area today that was hitting & kicking everyone. He hit Drew in the face and another girl. I wasn't sure who his mom was or if she was even in there so I told him that if I saw him hit another kid that I would find his parent. Come to find out later, she was sitting right there and probably heard me talk to him. Well, later he hits another kid pretty hard, three times and a few others. This kid's grandpa was pretty upset & rightfully so. He asked who his mom was and she finally stopped talking to her friend long enough to realize that he was talking about her kid. Now, if that was my child and I just learned that he was hitting people, I would have been mortified and you can bet on the fact that my sons tail-end would have been "blessed" with a spanking. Not this kid - his mom got into the face of this grandpa and asked him what his problem was talking to her that way. That's when several others of us piped up and said that her kid had hit our kids too. She didn't care. I was leaving and the grandpa went and got the management. It just amazes me how parents can be like that.
After going to CFA I went by Target as I had some time to kill before picking up Morgan from school. They were having a good clearance on clothes so I bought some for Morgan. The guy rang me up and then folded all the clothes. In that time the register had timed out and he brought my order back up, much LESS than what it should have been. I told him I thought it was a mistake several times but he insisted that it wasn't. I walked away, heading toward the exit when I decided that I couldn't just leave it like that. Call me crazy, free stuff from Target - but it just felt like stealing. I went to the customer service area and told the guy there what had happened and he too looked at me like I was nuts. After telling him that I didn't want to steal and what had happened, he told me to not worry about it and that it was fine. What else could I do? I mean, I told the cashier twice & the customer service people and none of them seem to think it was any big deal. So - thank you Target for the free stuff today.
My friend, Becca had a link to this blog and it was so good. It is titled "It gets easier" and it made me feel good. Sometimes I think I make being a mom of three look so difficult, birth control for anyone watching, and I wonder if I'll ever get it together. It was nice to see that it does get easier. Worth a read.
And finally (I know, I've been long-winded lately), I have told you about a ministry called Life of Hope. If you haven't had a chance to check it out, please do so. At any rate, you can now help this ministry out while searching for things online. Please read the following:
Yahoo! donates to Life of Hope Ministries
We want to share with you an easy way to help support Life of Hope Ministries. We are now listed with GoodSearch.com. Every time a search is done using GoodSearch.com (and Life of Hope Ministries is designated), a penny is donated to Life of Hope Ministries.
GoodSearch.com is powered by Yahoo!, so you'll get the same quality search results that you're used to. What's unique is that they have developed a way to direct money to charities or schools with every click.
The more people who use this site, the more money will go to Life of Hope Ministries. So please spread the word to your friends and family.
To start raising money for Life of Hope Ministries through GoodSearch.com, follow the steps below.
1) Go to http://www.goodsearch.com
2) Who do you GoodSearch for?
- enter your charity here...
- Type in Life of Hope Ministries and click Verify (it will be the second one -Life of Hope Ministries, Joplin, Missouri)
3) Then start searching
At anytime, you can click on Amount Raised to view how much money has been donated to Life of Hope Ministries. Once again, feel free to forward this to your friends and family.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Several things (Poop-fil-A, Target, Life of Hope, Weary Moms)
Posted by Andie at 2:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment