Wow - it's another new year. I can't believe it's already 2007!
I got back last night with the kids from our PA trip. I am SO glad to be home. I had a good time, for the most part, with my family but it' snice to be back in my own house with my husband. It's still a bit weird to come "home" to Smyrna, TN and not Bartlesville, OK but that's okay. It's starting to feel a little more like "home" I guess.
Eric has been wonderful today and let me sleep in until nearly 11 am and now has the kids out and about. I'm so thankful because I was truly on overload. After being in PA without Eric for 5 days, getting a nasty cold (again), and having no real down-time, I am EXHAUSTED. It's nice to have some time to chill and do whatever I want without someone pulling at me needing something. I have 2 suitcases worth of clothes and two boxes of Christmas presents screaming to be put away but they can just wait.
I thought I would think through some new year's resolutions. Does anyone ever really keep those? At any rate, here is my long list of resolutions (in no particular order):
1. Read the Bible daily. I have a one-year Bible, I should actually put it to good use.
2. Read the Bible to my kids daily.
3. Go on a date with my husband at least once a month (hard with 3 kids and having to hire a babysiter)
4. Keep my house cleaner and more organized.
5. Make dinner more often (meal-planning Andie!)
6. WORK OUT and lose 40 lbs!!!! Weight Watchers here I come!
7. Find time for scrapbooking/stamping as I need a creative outlet and am SO behind.
8. Work through "Teaching Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" with Morgan
9. Volunteer in some fashion at church
I'm sure that there are more but there's my list for now.
While I am making a list, here are some goals for January:
1. Organize the kid's play room.
2. Organize my craft room.
3. Finish painting the formal living/dining room.
4. Paint the downstairs & upstairs bathrooms.
5. Set up the computer in the craft room for Morgan to use.
6. POTTY TRAIN DREW (ughhhh......)
7. Find a school for Morgan to go to at least 2 times per week.
8. Send out January birthday cards.
9. Go out to St. Louis and visit Eric's family - we haven't been out there since Easter 2006!
Well, I should go and make use of this kid-free time. Happy 2007!
Monday, January 01, 2007
Happy 2007!
Posted by Andie at 2:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment