If you are looking for a good pizza recipe, look no further. While in OK several months back my friend's husband, Ryan, made pizza for us and it was AWESOME. So - I took some mental notes, referred to their pizza crust recipe and have FINALLY found a pizza recipe that rocks. So - here it is:
Pizza Crust a la Dina 1 cup of warm water 2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast (or 1 packet) 1 tsp sugar 2 Tblspn oil (I use Olive Oil) 2.5 cups of flour Mix the water & yeast together & let dissolve. In a mixer combine all ingredients and mix. You can use immediately or let rise. You can get 2 thin crust or 1 regular/pan crust from dough. Cook at 400 degrees until crust is almost cooked and has some golden brown touches on it (do this PRIOR to putting toppings on) Pizza toppings a la Ryan Saute chopped onion, garlic, bacon (etc) in small pan until onion is caramelized and bacon is crispy. Chop up some fresh tomatoes Sauce - Bertolli (I use the cheese one but there is lots of different kinds of this brand of sauce) On top of cooked crust, put the sauce, fresh tomatoes, and sauted onion mixture. Top with cheese of choice (mozarella, provolone, etc) Top with whatever else you'd like. Tonight we used pepperoni and italian sausage. Cook until cheese melted & pizza done.
DID I MISS ANYTHING Dina & Ryan??? :)
I think that the fresh tomatoes and sauted onion mixture is what makes this pizza INCREDIBLE.
Here are the kids enjoying their pizza tonight - cheese only for them though - how boring!


Saturday, January 20, 2007
Pizza Parris style
Posted by Andie at 8:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment