Sunday, February 11, 2007

Such a sad way to be remembered.

I was at Wal-Mart tonight picking up some pictures (another post entirely - Grrrr!) and there were two young women there getting a picture printed. They came up beside me and asked the clerk at the photo counter how long it would take to get the picture put onto a t-shirt. Apparently this girl's sister was just murdered in Smyrna (story here) and they wanted the shirts to wear at the memorial service. It was sad that this girl was murdered and what I found even sadder was the picture that her sister chose to put on the shirts for her memorial service. In the picture the girl was sitting back on a bed (I think) with a beer in her hand while she flipped off the camera with the other hand. Nice image for a shirt at a memorial service don't you think?

Today at lunch I heard an awesome story about how a lady that I had met at a library story hour and then met again at church on a Wednesday night asked Jesus into her heart while at the YMCA. WOW. Praise God!

There are those that we see that it's obvious that they need to hear about Jesus, like the young ladies I saw today at Wal-Mart. For those of us that go to church, how many people are standing right next to us, worshipping with us in church, that don't know Jesus as their personal Savior? I have to tell you, I had assumed that the lady, mentioned above, was a Christian. She was, after all, at church. Isn't everyone there a Christian?

I know that I need to be more mindful of sharing Jesus with those that I meet, at church and outside of church.

0 comments: