Friday, February 02, 2007

Snow day!

Well, we have snow here in Smyrna, TN! There was actually a dusting of snow yesterday morning, hardly enough to cover the cars, and it melted off pretty quickly. The crazy thing was that all the schools were out. I remember my first winter storm when we moved to Colorado Springs from Houston - it snowed several feet overnight and we STILL had school the next day. We were NOT loving the new superintendent from Alaska that morning. So - cancelling school for a trace of snow made me laugh.

At any rate, we got up this morning to more snow - about 1 -1.5 inches - not alot but enough to play in.

I got the kids all bundled up and took them outside. They had a blast. Here are some pics.









After we got done outside we came inside and made SNOW ICE CREAM. Morgan really wanted it to be pink but had I been thinking, I would have colored it YELLOW - lol! It was actually pretty good - never made that before. Here is a pic of the kids mixing the ingredients together and then enjoying their ice cream.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Owen looks so tall in his picture. Can't wait to see you all.