I just have to gripe for a minute, get it out of my system and move on.
FIRST: Owen has woke up to really goopy eyes this morning so I was a little worried about pink eye or a sinus infection. Call up the dr. and get in this morning and find out that it is a sinus infection AND AN EAR INFECTION. He had tubes in about 14 months ago (when he was 2 months old) and apparently one either isn't working or isn't in anymore, dr couldn't tell. I know, it's only one ear infection but after the history that our family has with ear problems I am just afraid we're going down that road again. Morgan had tubes TWICE, Drew once and Owen once (so far) - our family is well versed in ear trouble. I am hoping that this is a one time thing and that he's grown out of the ear probs.
SECOND: I miss Dr. Paul. Don't get me wrong, I really like Dr. Eastham and overall I am pleased with his care of my kids but there is something to be said about a Dr. that understands, from first-hand experience, the medical history of your children. Dr. Paul has known each of my kids since they were born. He is well aware of our ear trouble and ALWAYS scheduled a follow-up appt. after the antibiotics has had a chance to work. Dr. Eastham doesn't think we need one unless Owen doesn't seem better. Maybe I'm just an overly anxious momma but I would feel better having him checked out again. I may just schedule an appt. for 2 weeks for now and take him anyways. I don't know.
THIRD: I love my son, Drew, but the kid can sure push my buttons. It drives me crazy when he willfully disobeys me - with a smile of course. This morning he took it one step further by not disobeying himself but getting his brother, who doesn't know better on some things, to do it instead. Ughhh - infuriating. We are definitely really working on Drew's obedience issues. I know part of it is the age but that doesn't excuse bad behaviour.
FOURTH: My house is a PIT and I can't seem to get it clean. I guess I should be working on cleaning it and putting away the mounds of laundry that I have instead of typing here but... I don't know how some people do it - how do they keep a clean, picked up house AND have kids around? Seriously. I get one area clean while they are destroying another area. I try to do laundry and have a one year old that likes to stand there and scream at me because I'm not holding him or playing with him, etc. I know SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) doesn't necessarily mean stay-at-home-MAID but come-on, I need to be able to get something done some time!
Okay, so that's my rant for the day. Think I need to adjust my attitude a little bit?
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Can I just complain for a minute?
Posted by Andie at 1:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We have had ear issues the past week or so too. Sam woke up from nap last Wednesday--screaming with his ear hurting. we went to the doc. and he had an ear infection!! Second one since December 28th,we are scheduled for a recheck. My doctor doesn't always schedule a recheck either (and neither did the docs I worked with when I worked with Dr. Eastham),but I say if it will make you feel better call em up a couple of days after Owen finishes his antibiotics and tell them you want to have them checked-they wont mind!!
I can totally relate with Drew!! Sam is quite the "happy disobeyer" himself!!
But,where I relate the most is with the house!!! I absolutely CANNOT have all rooms in my house clean at the same time!! It just doesn't happen!! And I tell JOhn all the time that I am afraid the laundry is going to eat me!!!
I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. Thanks!!!
I'm sorry to hear that you all have been having ear issues as well. It's not fun.
Post a Comment