I went to Portrait Innovations today with Suzanne in an attempt to get individual pictures of my two sons done. I had heard some stuff about it but hadn't tried the place.
I must give it mixed reviews. I may go back but I'm not sure.
Here are the pros & cons.
PRO's
1. QUICK APPT. We got there about 9:30 am and we were walking out, pictures in hand by 10:40 am.
2. EASY VIEWING OF PHOTOS. Immediately following the photo shoot you go over to a very large wide-screen (at least 30") and view your pictures as they are taken with a digital camera.
3. INEXPENSIVE PORTRAIT PACKAGE. They have a deal where you get 1- 10x 13, 2- 8"x 10", 4- 5" x 7", 4- 3" x 5", 32 wallet and 6 picture cards to mail for $9.95! You get to pick your pose. The sheets after that are really quite reasonable.
CON's
1. LACK OF PROPS. I was not impressed with their prop selection. Mostly what they had was floral stuff and well, I was there with 2 boys so that didn't work
2. LACK OF CREATIVITY IN POSES. This could have just been my photographer but I felt like I had to pose the kids. Why should I pay them for that.
3. POOR INTERACTION WITH CHILDREN. Again, this could have been specific to my photographer. She just did not engage the kids at all and there fore they didn't want to respond much. Thankfully Drew was feeling like hamming it up or we'd have walked away empty handed as Owen cared nothing for the photo session.
4. PHOTOGRAPHER WITH POOR PEOPLE SKILLS. Third time is a charm - this could be photographer specific.
I wish this place could have Picture People's props and sometimes great photographers with all the pros listed above.
I'll try to scan and post the pics of Drew that got taken.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Portrait Innovations
Posted by Andie at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment