Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's raining, It's pouring

And, I wish I was snoring! It's the kind of day where you just want to stay under the covers and sleep. Oh well.

Mom-Mom comes today!!! That's my mom, she didn't want to be called Grandma so Mom-Mom it is. I am excited and the kids are beyond excited. I think Morgan has planned several things for them to do already. I have to say that one of the biggest perks about living in the Nashville area is that it is SO much cheaper to fly to see my family and vice versa! It was super expensive living in the Tulsa area so the visits weren't as frequent. She is here thru Monday morning so those in Sunday School will get to meet her.

Other than that, I have a cool update to share. Remember my post about the neighborhood stuff (click here)? Well, I have really tried this past week to pray for my next door neighbors every single time I started thinking negatively about them (they got LOTS of prayers this week) and it is funny how God works things. There were two things that were making me a bit irritated - the trash just thrown in the back yard for all to see as they drove past and the junk car parked on the side of their house. Well, this week they have finally gotten actual trash service that included nice, new trash cans so that's what they have out back (still against neighborhood policy but a heck of a lot better than a pile of bags) AND the junk car is GONE! WOOHOO!!!!

In addition, I just heard about a small group that is being started in our neighborhood as an opportunity to outreach to those around us. I thought that was cool and plan on introducing myself to the couple doing it soon.

Well, the bad weather is starting to pick up again and I need to go check the status of my mom's flight. If you read this before 9:40 am, please say a prayer for me as I travel to the airport in yuck weather and for my mom as she gets sick really easily on planes and I can't imagine flying in this would be fun.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Becca said...

I hope your mom made it safely. Looks like the storms are going to be bad after all!! You just never know around here!

SUZANNE said...

Hope that you had a fun day with your mom and the kids! Nathan was asking for Morgan, Drew, and Owen today. It was cute for him to say all three names in the same sentence. :)

lauraknight said...

Andie,
Hey! I like your blog. I had some time to poke around and read several of your entries...I am so impressed by how often you post. I've got to get with it. :)

I really hope you have a great weekend with your mom. Enjoy the visit!

I haven't forgotten about the couple in your neighborhood...just haven't had the time to track down their street address. I might just give her a call tomorrow. If I do, can I tell her your name and that you're interested in meeting her?

Anonymous said...

Laura:

Is the fact that I post so often a sign that I have no life? LOL :)

Sure thing, you can give her my name if you call her.

:)

Andie

Anonymous said...

Andie,

Are you getting my e-mails?

Ami