"If you want to have a lasting influence upon the world you must invest in people's lives; and if you want to maximize your investment then you must invest in those lives while they are young."
-George Barna
I really, really like this quote. It says a lot. We've been talking a lot at church about developing relationships with those that don't know Christ in an effort to share Jesus with them. Relate - Connect. Relate - Connect. While I know that people can come to know Christ through some random person coming up to them on the street (or whereever), most people come to know Christ through a relationship of sorts with a Christ-follower. Hence the reason that we NEED to invest in the lives of others.
While I think it's important to invest in the lives of adults, I think it's even more important to invest in the lives of children. The percentage of people who accept Christ drops significantly after they graduate from high school! Reaching our children is VITAL. It makes me absolutely crazy when I see ministries, churches, etc. minimizing the needs of children as if they are an after-thought. That is SO backwards. We have to be intentional about reaching them when they are young. WE HAVE TO.
As a mom, I have the awesome responsibility of investing in the lives of my children and hopefully maximizing every opportunity to share Christ with them. It can be a bit daunting and I feel very inadequate for the job. Thankfully I serve a God that is FAR more than adequate and He won't give me a job and not equip me to complete it.
Let's maximize our "investments"!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
What kind of investments are you making?
Posted by Andie at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Andie,
Great thoughts and good reminders for me. Thanks!
Post a Comment