I just started reading this book during my morning work-out at the YMCA this morning. I first heard about this book while working at The Voice of the Martyrs - we advertised this book in one of our FREE monthly newsletters (you NEED to get this newsletter if you don't already).
So many thoughts but I wanted to post one particular quote that really stuck out to me.
"The original call of Jesus was so simnple, so clean, so clear: "Follow Me." He wants us to surrender our lives to Him and follow Him into the unknown. And if it means a life of suffering, hardships, and disappointment, it will be worth it because following Jesus Christ is more powerful and more fulfilling than living with everything in the world minus Him." (pp. 48-49)
Thursday, March 29, 2007
The Barbarian Way
Posted by Andie at 9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Andie - I go to FBC Smyrna too and found your blog through one of the other girls at church. I have been following your stories for a few months now but haven't ever introduced myself!
My husband LOVES the Barbarian Way and recently got a tattoo of one of the illustrations on Chapter 4 I think. Here's the link to see the photos:
http://thebynums.blogspot.com/2007/03/brad-bynums-tattoo-story-volume-4.html
Enjoy and maybe I will meet you in person at church soon! :)
Post a Comment