Sunday, March 25, 2007

A bunch of randomness

Several things running through my head tonight so bear with me.

NEIGHBORHOOD STUFF

Good day in the neighborhood today. I think I visited at least 40 homes today passing out flyers for our 1st Annual Easter Egg hunt next Sunday. It was really nice to meet so many new people. I have to say, while I get frustrated with certain things in this neighborhood, there are many things I love about it. I love that it is kid-friendly. Our other neighborhood was great but it was really hilly, had lots of trees, and lots of FAST drivers that made it nearly impossible for kids to safely play outside for very long - at least on my part of the street. The kids are having fun riding their bikes, playing with neighbor kids and playing on their playset. It's great. I am enjoying meeting lots of new people. Lots of opportunities.


ORGANIZATION

I am NOT good at keeping my life organized. It a character flaw of mine that seriously drives me nuts. I hate that I can't seem to be consistent in things for long - usually the things that I don't enjoy doing like keeping the house straight, laundry done, etc. If I enjoy it then I am WAY better at being consistent.

I used to think there was no need for a planner more than a monthly calendar hanging on the wall - after all, I am *just* a stay-at-home-mom. WHATEVER. I am a SAHM to 3 kids and we are busy, busy. I bought a monthly/weekly planner to use to plan our weeks. I intend to put the things we are scheduled to do on there, the household chores that I need/want (ya right) to get done on there and the meal planning. I'm hoping that helps me be more intentional in what I do with the kids & around the house. We'll see!

So - that's my random thoughts for the day. Aren't you glad you read it?

1 comments:

lauraknight said...

Hey, Andie! Glad to see that you are involved with the egg hunt this next Sunday in your neighborhood. Chris and Susan Murphy mentioned last night at small group that they had talked with you. I'm glad! We are coming too just to lend a hand at Chris and Susan's request. In fact, I bought my eggs today. :)