I took Drew into a follow-up appt. with Dr. Eastham today. It went fine but it left me feeling very frustrated with the people in the ER. When I told him the reasons I brought Drew into the ER in the first place, the VERY FIRST THING he thought of was PNEMONIA! He said those were all classic symptoms and that he was very suprised that they did a cat scan when the normal procedure for diagnosing pnemonia was a chest x-ray and blood work. When I mentioned that they were concerned about the appendix he went on to explain that he would not have even considered that because, well, I can't remember his reasoning. He asked if they tested him for the flu as well just in case. I mentioned that they did do blood work but I never heard anything from it. They faxed him the information from that night and it did not include any lab work!
I'm glad that my baby is okay and I know that the drs. in the ER are good but they aren't drs. that deal soley with kids. From talking to Dr. Eastham, I think that's the difference in what they chose to do medically. I don't know. Just irritates me that now my child is afraid of drs. He screamed when the nurse wanted to take his temp in his ear and made me promise him all the way to Dr. Eastham's office that it wouldn't hurt. Ughhh!
Despite the frustration, I'm glad my kiddo is on the mend. Fever free for 24 hours now, puke free for 48 hours. AND HE POOPED! (TMI - I know!)
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Drew's follow-up appt. w/pediatrician
Posted by Andie at 12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so glad that he's feeling better!
Post a Comment