Okay, I have been busting my tail working out and trying to eat better for the last month and I haven't been seeing the kind of results that I had hoped for. It's frustrating. I've made a conscious effort to eat better, only splurging occasionally and not in excess, I try to drink more water (this is a hard one for me), and I have been working out at least 5 days per week. When I say working out, I'm not talking about the kind of working out where you come out smelling as good as you did when you started, I'm talking about the kind of working out where you need a shower with lots of soap to be presentable to the world.
How much have I lost?????
Drum roll please.....
...FIVE STINKIN' POUNDS!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrr!!!!!
Do I feel better physically? Yes, I do. I can definitely tell a big difference in my cardio capabilities and I like that. I just wish I'd start seeing results. It would make being good with food so much easier if I saw that things were working.
I did talk to one of the trainers at the Y about my frustrations this week. She suggested adding in weights so I went to Group Power Lift on Monday, Abs & Arms on Tues, and will be doing Group Power Lift again on Friday. That changes a few things because I can only keep the kids in childcare for 2 hours (understandable) so I can't get a shower at the Y before leaving, I have to do it at home. I hate taking that time out when I could be doing something fun with the kids.
I also have a fitness evaluation with this trainer but I couldn't get in until mid-February. I guess that's okay even though I was hoping to get it done asap so I would know how to better achieve my goals.
Last frustration, I promise. I really, really wanted to run/walk the 1/2 marathon this year. I've tried running a few times and each and every time I get horrible shin splints. It kills to run. It was suggested that I get new shoes at Fleet Feet but I just can't go and spend $100 on shoes without being sure that they would do the trick. Watch me spend the money and STILL get shin splints!
Maybe I'll just have to walk the whole thing - anyone want to walk it with me???
Excuse the pity party post - I'm just frustrated with this after putting so much consistent work into it.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
A little bit frustrated.
Posted by Andie at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your doing such a good job!!! When I was really working out I found I wasn't really losing much weight - it will eventually come off but don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat so I think you'll probably see results soon!! KEEP IT UP!!!!
Kristen
I totally understand your frustration... but it sounds like you're doing it the right way. Just think though... if you can at least keep up this rate you'll be 20 lbs lighter by the end of April!!! And 30 lbs lighter in time for swimsuits the end of June!
Great job!
Keep it up! I share the frustration with you, it seems we are doing the same thing, but my results are slow as well. I was doing great until Jeff's surgery and then managed to put some weight back on. My goal was to do a 5k this year (running) but I am pretty discouraged-is it supposed to hurt so much?? I just try and keep remembering that I am losing the weight the right way, and regardless how slow it is going, we are making our bodies healthier each and every time we eat healthier or work out. Just look at Jeff- although he has had a tough time lately, the outcome of his heart surgery could have been different, had he not been healthy other than the defect in his heart. Keep it up! Hope to see you at the Y tomorrow! ;)
Post a Comment