Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hodge Podge of stuff

I just can't seem to focus tonight. I have 3 loads of laundry to put away, a room that is a mess, an early morning to "look forward" to and I just can't focus. So, here you have what is rolling around in my brain.

#1: A big part of me is really worried about my friend. I tried calling the hospital tonight and she couldn't speak but her husband answered. He sounds awful and really couldn't say much for the grief/worry for his wife. I want my friend to get better! I want the Dr's. to figure out how to help her and I want to call and talk to my friend. I hate being this far away right now.

#2: Water... What does that have to do with anything you might ask??? Well, per the trainers at the YMCA, you are supposed to drink 1/2 your body weight in water each day. So - if I was 100 lbs, that would be 50 ounces of water each day. I got news for you - I'm not 100 lbs! I have to drink a whole lotta water. On a normal day I drink maybe two 8 oz glasses of any liquid. I just don't drink and I certainly don't care for water - give me "dirty water" any day as Suzanne calls ice tea. I know that my weight loss goals would be reached quicker if I would drink my water! Coming to an ocean near you...

#3: I don't get the argument over illegal immigration. I'm sure this will reveal just how ignorant I am on political issues but it seems pretty simple to me. It's called ILLEGAL immigration - why the controversy over whether we should give them rights in the U.S. Again - key word here is ILLEGAL. I get that we can't exactly kick 12 million people out of the country but really... Again - ILLEGAL.

#4: Cancer sucks. If there is one thing that I truly fear, it's this dreaded disease. It's an area of fear in my life that Satan has really used to the detriment in my walk with Jesus. Why, then, knowing how this affects me, do I read several blogs that are by moms with cancer?? Seriously - am I a glutton for punishment?

#5: Does Proactiv really work? You'd think I was going through puberty with the way my face looks. Ever since having kids... It's especially bad at "that time of the month" and I spend the rest of the month trying to clear it up. I've done the whole dermatologist thing and their prescription stuff didn't work. I just ordered the 30-day trial of Proactiv. Hey, it worked for Jessica Simpson.

#6: Wow, Britney Spears needs Jesus. So does her sister.

Now that you think I've lost my mind, I should end this list. I could go on and on. I told you I was feeling very unfocused and out-of-sorts tonight. I think it's a Tylenol PM night.

Please pray for my friend.

2 comments:

~K~ said...

Whew... I know how you feel. It helps to get it out doesn't it! A few things...water-get a BIG cup and fill it up (add lemon if you like it) and then keep it near you all day and drink as much as you can each time. Tell yourself all you have to do is drink that one cup (and then stay close to a restroom at all times!) ;) Proactive- yes, it can work! I'm about to go back to it, except that it has ingrdients that I try to stay away from, so I'm not sure yet. hate the acne stuff to!! haven't we been through enough! Lastly, I spent all morning thinking about B. Spears also...weird 'cuz I'm not at all a fan or anything just see a deperate mommy in need of Jesus (like you said!). Praying for your friend (and Brittney!)!!
~Kristin~

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I LOVE hodgepodge blogs! And I hear you girlfriend on the whole cancer thing! It is my biggest nightmare all the time. I like the way you pharsed it though, as being a stronghold for the devil.
Oh, and another 'lil water tip... I like to make icecubes full of fun fruitjuices or berries and then drop them in the water, adds a little bit of a yummy taste and just fancies it up a bit :)
love,
Jaimee