Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I want to stretch you."

Those of you that worked with me at The Voice of the Martyrs should know exactly who used to walk around telling people that he wanted to "stretch" us in our jobs. Often times I felt like a rubber band about to break because I had been stretched too thin, other times I felt challenged. I'm sure that we can all relate.

Right now I'm feeling like God is saying "I want to stretch you Andie", not because he wants me to break but because he wants to challenge me in ways that I didn't expect.

It's certainly proving to be the case. In the past few months I have found myself in situations that I would never have expected or imagined. So often I've sat here and though, "I can't handle this, why do you think I can handle this Lord?" And each time He has said, "You're right, YOU can't handle it, at least not alone." It's in these times that I feel so stretched and challenged that God is teaching me that I need to rely on Him completely. He's not going to lead me somewhere or have me do something and not equip me for the job.

The same is true for you.

1 comments:

Diana said...

what a great post. I recently have learned that when God is stretching you it is to help the growth in areas of your relationship with Him. Relying on Him and Trusting His plan are my stretches recently.
Thanks for those thoughts
Diana