Monday, January 07, 2008

Left toTell

There is a reason that I don't read many books.

Seriously.

When I like a book, I can't put it down, I will sit there reading it until I am done, to the detriment of all thing & people around me. My house will be in shambles, my kids will be going crazy and still I'd sit there reading this book because I HAVE to know what happens next. Knowing this about myself, I don't pick up many books aside from the Bible. Maybe that sounds silly to you.

So, my friend, Becca, gave me this book at church yesterday called "Left to Tell". It's written by a young lady to lived through the Rwandan genocide and how God changed her during that time. I read it all last night, it was SO good.

I am ashamed to admit that I really had NO CLUE what had happened over in that country. During the time of the genocide, I was in college, ignorant of basically everything going on it the world and somehow completely missed that this was happening. I was shocked and heartbroken by what I was reading. I just don't get how people can do that to others, I really don't. And why no one from the outside came to help for so long....

It was a tragic story but also encouraging when you read how God moved in this woman's life. Powerful. Good read.

3 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I totally did that yesterday with a new Nicholas Sparks book, it was addictive!

Ashley said...

Very, good book!!! I was pretty much clueless too before I read it.
Ashley

lauraknight said...

I loved the book too!