I am sure that Eric is going to read this, get embarrassed, and ask me to take it down. So - if you see it before that happens, then you are lucky (not quite as lucky as I am thought. ;) )
I have to tell you ladies, I have an amazing husband. Today was one of those days where I was hit with just how lucky I am.
Nothing crazy happened, I just got to thinking and realized that I have it good - God has blessed me with a wonderful husband and life partner.
What makes him so great? Here are just a few things:
1. He cares about us. A couple of weeks ago I talked to him about an area of our relationship that I'd really like us to work on. He has done so faithfully and I appreciate that. It shows that he values us and that's so important.
2. He is a wonderful father. He loves hanging out with the kids and comes up with some great things to do with them. A couple of things stick out to me right now like going to Wal-Mart before coming home and buying ice cream cones, cake mix, and icing to make ice-cream cone cupcakes with the kids or taking them swimming at the YMCA. He loves doing stuff like that.
3. He helps out around the house. He puts me to shame sometimes with all that he does. He does dishes (often), vacuums, picks up, etc. After talking with other women, I know this isn't always the case. I'm lucky that he really sees the chores around the house as an "us" job and not just a "wife" job.
4. He is understanding of my need for "Andie" time and is good to let me get it. I have to admit, I'm a selfish person, and I really do need a lot of "me" time to recharge and be a better wife & mother. I like to scrapbook, stamp, hang out with the ladies, etc. and he is very accommodating to that.
5. He can take care of three kids, including bath, meals, and bed without any problem or complaint. I know this isn't the case with all men and I'm thankful that he also views our parenting as a team thing!
6. Have you seen him? He's a good looking guy! :)
The list could go on and on. I'm sure I'm making him blush and I'll get talked to about talking TOO much on a public blog.
One last thing before I sign off. I was reminded the other day how God has a sense of humor some times. Back when I first became a Christian, I said this silly little prayer about my future husband and included a little request that, well, it was just kind of ridiculous. Included in my laundry list of things in an ideal husband was that my husband wear Nautica cologne. Don't ask me - I was in high school and apparently at the time it was important to me.
Guess what kind of cologne Eric wore when I met him and for years after that? Yep - you guessed it - Nautica! Drew just bought him some for Christmas and I just love the sent of it.
Read this while you can. :)
Monday, January 21, 2008
I'm a lucky girl
Posted by Andie at 11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
cute. It is such a blessing to have a loving and supportive husband.
I agree that is a huge blessing!!
I'm happy that you wrote that. That means a lot to Eric, I'm sure. We both have very good husbands! Can't wait to SCRAPBOOK!
How sweet! And he is so blessed to have a loving wife who appreciates him so much!
love,
MJB
Post a Comment