Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A life less ordinary

I know I've mentioned here before that I was going to start helping in the high school ministry at church - Crave. Tonight was the night that me & Megan got our small group. I have been so nervous/anxious/etc. thinking about tonight but honestly, once we got in there all the nerves just went away. It was FANTASTIC & I absolutely cannot wait to do it again!

The message tonight was about Peter (Matthew 4:18-20, Matthew 16:18)and how God called him to live a life less ordinary - to lead an EXTRA ordinary life.

God calls each of us to the same thing he called Peter to - a life less ordinary.

God wants to take us out of our ordinary lives and use us to do the extra-ordinary. We should want that - we should crave that - we should pursue that with everything we have but the majority of us don't. If I was to be honest, I know that I don't most of the time. There is something comfortable about the status quo and there is definitely something very uncomfortable about making waves and being "different."

It was said tonight, God loves using the unlikely to do the amazing.

I know that he wants to do extra-ordinary things through me if I'd only let Him.

I think I might just try it. Life's too short to be ordinary.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad it went well, Andie. I know you were nervous about it!!

Ashley