Monday, August 06, 2007

"I think he likes it"

"You try it"

"No, you try it"

"I know, let's get Mikey to try it"

Mikey tries the cereal.

"He likes it! Mikey likes it.:

This was the scene at our dinner table tonight but you can change "Mikey" to Owen. You do remember the Life cereal commercial made famous in the 80's, right?

I made beef burritos tonight and put a little bit on each child's plate. If you know my kids, you know that if it doesn't resemble a McDonald's chicken nugget then it's hard to get my children to eat it. I am tired of making 2 different meals or not making something I'd like because they won't eat it - so - they have to try everything on their plate.

Morgan didn't want to. ("You try it")

Drew didn't want to. ("No, you try it")

Owen loved it ("He likes it, Mikey likes it")

Eventually M & D gave in and decided they LOVED the burritos as well, Drew even asked for seconds.

I'm sure we'll get a repeat performance tomorrow night. LOL

And, if you want a good burrito recipe, here it is:

BEEF BURRITOS

2 lb hamburger
2 pkgs taco seasoning

Sauce:
1/2 lb. velveeta
1 can evaporated milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can diced chilies

Flour tortillas

1. Brown hamburger & season with taco seasoning mix as directed.
2. Heat together sauce ingredients & stir well.
3. Put a little bit of sauce in bottom of pan. Place meat in tortilla, add 2T of sauce & roll up.
4. Pour remaining sauce on top of burritos.
5. Bake at 350 fro 35 minutes.

2 comments:

Becca said...

The rule at our house is that you have to at least try whatever is on your plate. It usually ends up that E likes what he tries and eats more. J isn't quite into that game yet, but I agree about making two meals--they eat what we eat!

lauraknight said...

Andie,
Sounds like a yummy recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Glad your kiddos liked it.