Eric and I are so blessed to be apart of a wonderful small group at church. The group opperates as a family, taking care of each other and lifting each other up. It's the very definition of how a small group should be. We celebrate with each other, mourn together, pray for each other, have fun together, etc. It's awesome.
While our group really does so much for each other, I can think of two times, specifically, where I have just been so thankful for each person and excited to see how God uses our group. The first time that sticks out to me is when a neighbor of mine who does not attend our church had a baby and was having a tough time of it. I asked our small group if they would be willing to help provide meals for this family for a week, a family they did not know personally, and they said yes without hesitation. WOW!
The second time happened today.
Me and another member of this small group, Megan, are co-leaders of a 9th grade girls group on Wednesday night. We have 7 young ladies in our group who are wonderful. There is a weekend retreat coming up for them and both Megan and I really wanted them to go - ALL of them to go. Money was an issue so we asked our small group if they would be willing to sponser one of the girls to attend the retreat.
Our small group gave enough money to make it possible for our entire small group to attend Collision this year!
I am awed and humbled by their friendship and devotion to serve Christ anyway they can.
THANK YOU GUYS so much for investing in the lives of our girls!! We cannot thank you enough.
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Our small group ROCKS!
Posted by Andie at 9:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so happy that you got enough money for all the girls! God blesses all things that need to be blessed.
jen
This is so great! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment