Tonight was the high school outreach event at church - Thrift Store Prom. The kids were supposed to go shopping at Goodwill or whereever and come dressed in their nicest thrift store finds. It was fun to see all the different outfits - quite the flashback to the 80's & early 90's!
One thing in particular stood out to me tonight that I just can't help but share. One of the High School small group leaders is also a high school teacher. She has such a heart to see her students come to know Christ. For the entire year she has offered extra credit for any student of hers that comes to church on Wed. All they have to do is come find her so she knows they are there.
The same applied for tonight.
There was student upon student that was there specifically because she chose to invite them adding extra credit as incentive. Her words, "Whatever it takes to get them here."
WOW. She was SO excited to see so many of her students there and I was so inspired to see someone doing all that she could to share Jesus with those she had influence with - even in a PUBLIC SCHOOL!
I pray that my kids have teachers like her when in school.
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Fuel - I Believe I Can Fly
Posted by Andie at 9:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment