This past weekend was the high school weekend retreat called Collision. I am not sure the exact number that went but it was around 80-100 kids, I think. As a leader I was excited to be there with almost my entire small group (one had to cancel last minute) and very excited to see what God did in their lives through the weekend.
I have to thank my awesome Sunday school class because without their support we could not have gotten all these girls to Collision. THANK YOU GUYS so much for believing in these girls and investing in their lives. You guys are amazing.
Oops - didn't mean for that to publish yet! Here's more.
It's funny, I consider myself a night owl but I have nothing on these girls! WOW. I don't think we went to bed until 2:00 am on Friday night. It was fun though. I had 10 girls in my small group, only 4 of whom I knew, so it was great to get to know some new people. I was excited at how quickly we all seemed to gel as a group.
As I mentioned in a previous post, our church had just finished the Sacred Gathering 2.5 day fast earlier in that week. One of my girls from Wed. night participated and I was excited to have 2 other girls in my Collision group that had also participated. Honestly, I think that says a lot about their maturity in Christ - they are 14/15 year old girls who fasted and sought after the face of Christ - that's awesome. They were still on a high from what God had taught them earlier in the week and were excited to see what He was going to do through Collision.
There is so much that I could share about what God did in their lives, for one God really confirmed a calling on her life, another was motivated to share Christ more in her school, another mentioned how she had never felt this close to Jesus. It was exciting.
One decision was made by a girl that wasn't in my group but that I had met when we were signing people in for the trip. I was so excited to hear that she had accepted Jesus into her heart. It was exciting to watch her worshipping God the next morning after she became a Christian - I was reminded a lot of when I asked Jesus into my heart and how awesome that felt.
So - the weekend was an awesome success. God moved in amazing ways and my prayer now is that these teens are never the same because of it.
I have to give a big THANK YOU to our camp nurse, and new friend, Kelly. I really enjoyed talking to her and getting to know her better. I also appreciated the medicine she brought that helped me get through the weekend. We have had the flu and stomach bug in our house in the past couple of weeks and I thought I was in the clear. WRONG - guess who got sick on Friday night??? Yep - me! Fever, body aches, stomach killing me, nausea, the whole nine yards. Thankfully God held off the worst until Sunday as I walked in my front door.
I have more I could share but I've been trying to post this for 2 days and I'm just now getting it done so I'll leave it here.
Thanks again for your prayers & support.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Everything Matters - Collision 2008
Posted by Andie at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Thanks for the kudos :0) I am glad that I could help out. I really enjoyed talking w/you, and hope to share more fun times w/you. You going to Whatever? I'm not sure if I'll be able to yet, but I'm gonna try. :0)
Post a Comment