Sunday, February 03, 2008

Flu Bowl

Before finding out that Owen had the flu we had planned on having some friends over for a Super Bowl Party. We had the house clean, the food prepared (almost) and were ready to go. I was actually looking forward to having a bunch of people over to hang out and have fun so I was a bit disappointed when I had to cancel.

It seems that a friend of ours, Shea, also found out today that she had the flu so we decided that since both families were already exposed, to get together anyways. YAY! It was nice to have friends over.

Now, I am not a huge football fan. Honestly, apart from the 2 years that I played fantasy footbal (comic relief for all the guys in the league, I'm sure), I hadn't really paid much attention to the sport. I have no real allegiance to any team but if I had to choose between the two, then my choice was the Giants. My dad grew up in Brooklyn and was a Giants fan. I remember when they won the Super Bowl against the Broncos because we had just moved to Colorado. I wore my Phil Simms jersey to school the following day and didn't make too great of an impression - those Bronco fans are FANATICAL!

I have to say, I was a bit happy to see the end of the game w/the Giants on top tonight.

1 comments:

lauraknight said...

Wasn't it a great game? Go Giants!!