Sunday, September 02, 2007

Window Washers

Drew has found his calling in life - washing windows!

The other day we were at Chick-Fil-A (CFA) with Becca & Laura. We were sitting back by the door to the play area but honestly couldn't see in very well because of the glare from the sun outside. No one was screaming so we thought all was fine and the kids were playing nicely and appropriately.

A while later Kyle Goen, a pastor at FBC and CFA frequent flyer (remember, I run into a staff member almost EVERY single time I'm at CFA), came up to us and proceeded to tell us that from all the way in the BACK of the restaurant he was being entertained by our boys (Drew & Becca's son, Eli). Wondering what could have been so amusing but being afraid to find out, we asked why anyway.

Apparently Drew & Eli were standing on the benches and LICKING THE WINDOW!!!! It wasn't just once mind you, the window was FILTHY!

There had been another boy in there and shortly after he went in one time his mom came and grabbed him out. I assumed it was because he had kicked at one of the other boys when he walked in but I think it was probably because he was going to follow Drew & Eli's fabulous example and start licking the window which just happened to be right over where his mom & friend were sitting.

Okay, I was HORRIFIED. Yeah, it's hilarious and I laugh about it just thinking about it, but come on, they were LICKING A DIRTY WINDOW!!!! Gold star for parenting - right here!

I went and got the window cleaner and some paper towels and we had the boys clean off the windows. Not sure how much they learned though as they thought it was great fun to spray the window and wipe the stuff off.

7 comments:

Kyle Goen said...

Andie,
It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. They were so much fun to watch. You and Eric are doing a great job, keep up the great work.

Kelly said...

I have some windows that need washing.....

Megan said...

So funny!

lauraknight said...

You gotta love those boys!!

Becca said...

What will we ever do with them? Love 'em!

Diana said...

Good Parenting is hard to find these days. I applaud you for showing them the "right" way to clean a window.
If mine did that I think I would grab the Germ-X and rub it on their tounges. All I can think about is ring worm :)

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.