For some reason today I've been thinking about certain experiences that I've had in my past that I wish I could experience again. I'm not talking about changing anything, I just wish I could go back in time and experience it again. Does that make sense to anyone?
Here's the list I came up with:
1. June 18, 1991 - when I accepted Christ. I've told the story a lot but sometimes it seems so far away and I wish I could experience the emotion of it again. It was amazing.
2. May 13, 2000 - my wedding day. It was a PERFECT day - not too hot, not too cold - PERFECT.
3. I don't remember the date but I do remember the last time that I saw my Pop-Pop before he passed away. He lived in PA and we had gone out there several months prior to his passing for something, holiday maybe. Maybe it was God's way of preparing me for what was coming because I distinctly remember hugging him and thinking that this would be the last time that I ever got to do that. It was. I would like to go back and give my Pop-Pop another hug and get another one of his whisker kisses!
4. Feb. 16, 2001 - day we found out we were pregnant with Morgan. That was a crazy day. I wasn't even "late" yet but we were trying and I ran home at lunch and took a test. I remember calling a friend at work who had kids and asking her what 2 lines meant - did they really mean PREGNANT? I ran to the Dr. office for a blood test and they confirmed that I was pregnant.
5. October 28, 2001 - actually, back it up to the night prior when I went into labor with Morgan.
6. April 2003 - when we found out we were pregnant with Drew. Remind me sometime to tell you how he was my April Fool's Day joke on Eric & my bosses.
7. December 20, 2003 - the day Drew was born (starts out Dec. 19th in the evening).
8. January 2005 - when we found out we were pregnant with Owen. I'll tell the story of how we found out on Owen's birthday in a couple of weeks.
9. October 4, 2005 - the day that Owen was born. Nice short labor!
So, there you have it. If I could, I would LOVE to go back and experience these things again. I know, that's impossible, and probably a stupid thing to think about but I was thinking about it today and well, now you know.
If you could relive any moment from your life, what would it be?
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Again!
Posted by Andie at 12:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think I could relive the same ones,The wedding, the finding out, the baby,the twins, the blessing, with out the pain though...oh yeah I had an epidural (it was almost pain free ").
Memorial Day weekend 2002- We moved here. I think I would let that day be a little longer in Florida, goodbyes are always hard.
Nov 4, 2006 The first time I walked in the Race for the Cure.
I have found that blogging is a very cool way to recount those moments of our lives.
I will look forward to seeing you re-live days as you journal through your life's most treasured moments!
I have a similar experience that I would give anything to relive with my PawPaw. My grandmother had passed away 2 days before. It was the night of her funeral when we had all gone back to my aunt's house. My PawPaw and I sang Amazing Grace, Sacred Harp style. Growing up as a little girl I spent lots of weekends traveling throughout Middle TN singing with him at Sacred Harp gatherings. It's a REALLY old form of acapella singing where you sing the notes first (fa, la, so, mi, etc.) and then you sing the words.
Well, we sang that night. And I cried. And I cry now as I remember. PawPaw passed away 2 days after that, just about a week after Granny. And I'd give anything to sing with him just one more time.
Of course, we'll be singing together in heaven for eternity....thanks for bringing to mind such a sweet and special memory!
Post a Comment