Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ouch!

I am feeling like a bad mom right now because I don't think I realized just how painful ear infections are. My kids have obviously had their fair share of them, hence the 5th set of tubes between 5 kids that we recently put in.

I got a cold last week and it made my ears have that airplane, clogged feeling. They didn't hurt, just were stuffy and I couldn't hear well. I woke up this morning to extreme pain in my right ear and went to the Dr. Turns out I have a VERY bad infection, so much so that he's not sure we will be able to stop the ear drum from rupturing. He remarked that he rarely sees ears quite this bad. Nice. Can I just tell you that it HURTS LIKE CRAZY????? He gave me a prescription for Vicadin and I was half tempted to actually fill that one but I didn't. What is a mom to three kids going to do after taking that stuff, really?

So, the next time my kids have an ear infection, I'll probably be a bit more sympathetic as this STINKS!

5 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I am sorry Andie. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you could ge tthat script filled after E gets home!!!

Megan said...

Sorry you dont feel well! I hope you feel better soon! Let me know if there is anything I can do!!

Anonymous said...

Put a hot pack on your ear. Tylenol and Motrin together give yo the pain relief of a percocet, without the buzz! Yes, ear infections do hurt! Been there and done that. Take care. My prayers are with you.

Love, Ruth

lauraknight said...

Oooh....sounds painful. I must say that I've never had an ear infections. Hope you are feeling better soon.