Thursday, September 20, 2007

How it should be

I know we all have had experiences with the church where people didn't act "right" or treat each other "right" or serve each other "right" but I just LOVE it when I see the church act the way that it should. LOVE IT.

I love it when a group of people come together to meet a practical need of someone else. Jesus did it over and over again and He commanded us to do it as well. I have seen it repeatedly throughout this past year in our small group by providing meals, money, Christmas presents, prayers, encouragement, etc. and it encourages me each and every time it happens.

I'm thankful to be in a group of Christ-followers who believe in making the Gospel of Jesus practical to the world around them.

Edited to add a link to a blog I read tonight on this very subject. Check it out, it's worth a read. (Do you guys think I read too many blogs? LOL!)

0 comments: