Monday, April 07, 2008

Soccer for dummies?

Is there such a book? If so, does anyone have it???

Morgan is playing soccer this spring and Eric & I agreed to coach the team. I should say, ERIC is the head coach, I just am available to help out as needed. Today, I'm needed.

What do I know about soccer????

Nothing.

What do I know about teaching soccer to a bunch of 6 year old girls???

Nothing.

This should be interesting.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Not only do they Soccer for Dummies, Girl they have Coaching soccer for Dummies!!!

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/Coaching-Soccer-For-Dummies.productCd-0471773816.html

My son plays football and I can usually be caught hootin and hollering for the wrong team. I can get the award for beswt cheerleader for the opposing team.
Good luck Coach Andie!!!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Marc said that one of the biggest things to get across is which goal is theirs :) I think he thinks he's being funny :) But I totally understand your concern. I would be lost! I'm sure you did great though. And I'm sure there's a website out there somewhere... yep, it looks like your friend Diana gave you one. Good luck :)

Kelly said...

I right there in the same boat girly, excpet we have one team of 5 year old boys, and one team of 8 year old boys :oP Find peace in the fact that you are not alone.
:0) We plan to go to the Free clinics on Frdiays. It starts this Friday, and you have to email the NRS to let them know your team is going to be there. They will have experienced coaches & mentors there to teach the kids. We are using that as our second practice for the week. Maybe that will help. Good Luck

Jeanne said...

We're in that boat with you! Rick and I are coaching BOTH of our boys' teams, too. ACK!!! Perhaps we should start an FBC soccer coaches' training????