Friday, April 04, 2008

Parent's Night Out 4 Camp

Tonight was our first Parent's Night Out event to help raise money for our 9th grade small group of girls to go to summer camp. The cost per student is $200 and we have 2 months to raise the money. The student ministry is doing a car wash where the students have the opportunity to get 100% of the money they raise toward their camp cost. Just 20 tickets sold and they are home free (let me know if you need tickets).

In addition, we wanted to do something else as a group to earn the money, hence the PARENT'S NIGHT OUT idea.

Our girls came over to my house along with my co-leader, Megan, and we watched 14 children (that includes my 3) from 6:30-10 pm tonight. The minimum cost was $3 per child, per hour, with add'l donations accepted & very much appreciated (but not necessary).

Wow - was it crazy! Honestly, after getting only 2.5 hours of sleep last night, I was exhausted and feeling a bit overwhelmed by the thought of 23 people in my house. With the majority of the kids being age 4 and under, well, those of you that have kids that age, had kids that age or worked with kids that age can imagine the chaos that could have ensued.

Things went FAR better than I expected. We divided the kids up by age and then rotated them through different stations which included, games, free play, crafts & snack. At 9 pm we changed those that brought PJ's into them and "sat" down to watch a movie.

Our girls were GREAT and cleaned up everything afterward (don't worry honey, the carpet looks PERFECT LOL).

We are planning on doing this again on Friday, April 25th. If you are interested in being included on the evite, please drop me a note. I am sending out the evite this weekend.

Thanks to those that brought your children over and let us have fun with them for a couple of hours. Here are a few pics:



4 comments:

Jason Stewart said...

Yeah! We love camp and Horn's Creek is amazing! I am hoping we get to come again this year! I know Jason is going, but hoping I get to go as well!
Great Idea!

Kelly said...

Woops! I forgot to change to me on google!

Kelly said...

I will keep that date on my calander. Please send me an evite. tkcswatson@bellsouth.net

Ashley said...

Hey Andie,
The boys had a great time!! We are going camping that weekend, but we definitely want to be in next time you do it.

Thanks again, Ashley