I have a lot of other catching up to do (pics from Thanksgiving, tree trimming, etc.) and I have 4 loads of laundry to put away but I just had to take a minute and post about something I read today.
I know that many of you have read the book "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. If you haven't, you NEED to read this book, it's fabulous. I started reading it yesterday after church and I couldn't put it down. I finished it this morning before taking Owen to his 2 year check-up. It was that good.
At the back of the book was a note from the author talking about her spiritual journey and why she wrote this book (it's a fiction book btw). The following quote has nothing to do with the book, I just loved it.
"Many churches seem to be mere museums for plastic saints, or they preach
fulfillment from the world's point of view - a 'prosperity gospel.' This
church was different (the one that her family tried after moving). It was a
hospital for repentant sinners; their only blueprint for life was the Bible,
which everyone was carrying, and - most amazing of all - reading!"
I am so thankful to be a part of a church that is neither a museum or teaching the "prosperity gospel" but, instead, is committed to teaching the truth from the only book that matters - the Word of God.

4 comments:
Wow, that was good!
great book! i have given it away many times!
I loved this book too. I have read other Francine Rivers books recently that were very good too--- The Scarlet Thread and When the Shofar Blew. They are all really good!
What a wonderful quote. Sometimes people and clergy get so caught up in the world that they forget about the Word. We would all do much better if we learned early on how to use that Blueprint, myself included!
Thanks for sharing it.
Diana
Post a Comment