Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Changin'

Can I be honest and just say that I've been struggling lately? Seriously. I think the past 1.5-2 weeks have been the worst. I have been so frustrated because I feel like I can't get past certain issues and I end up dealing with them over & over again. I hate that. It feels very defeating to keep having the same issues and I have to be honest, the past few weeks I've let that take the wind out of my sails, so-to-speak. I started thinking it was hopeless to keep on fighting a losing battle, I was never going to be able to change that particular struggle so why bother.

Do you ever have those moments where God just kind of turns on the light-bulb and you suddenly get-it?

I had one of those last night.

Jesus has completely and totally changed my life. He changed my heart, he changed the place where I would be spending eternity, etc. The list could go on and on. All of a sudden I had this thought - If God could change the big things like my heart and my place in eternity, why couldn't he change the little things (and they are little in comparison to eternity)????

Sound simple?

It is - simple but not easy. Does that make sense?

God CAN change the things in my life that I struggle with on a daily basis. I struggle with anger, I struggle with consistency, I struggle with laziness, I struggle with my thought life, I struggle with pride, the list could go on and on.

I don't need to feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, God has won the battle.

Lord, help me walk in the faith that you can and will continue to change my heart and life. Please help me to submit completely to you and trust that you will mold me and make me into the woman of God that you want for me to be.

1 comments:

lauraknight said...

Andie,
I hope today will be filled with His special, specific blessings for you. I'm praying for you.