Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Operation Christmas Child

Our church is participating in Operation Christmas Child with Samaritan's Purse. Over the past several months, we were asked to bring in items such as soap, toothbrushes, socks, toys, candy, etc. that can be sent to children around the world for Christmas.

Each week Morgan has come home on Wed. night from church and told me about the items that we needed to bring in. She kept reminding me and we brought several things in.

Tonight was the night that the church packed the shoe boxes and sent them off to Samaritan's Purse. I have to be honest, I almost didn't come to church tonight. My back is KILLING me and it was pouring down rain - the idea of getting out there was NOT appealing. We went anyway and I'm so glad that we did.

Drew sang in front of the church with the other preschoolers - that was a riot in and of itself. Then I took the boys to their class and helped Morgan pack her box. She was THRILLED. She got the soap that we brought as it was the only one of a certain kind and thought that was the best thing ever.

I am glad that she is learning to show Jesus to others in a practical way through this project. Thanks to all those at our church that worked so hard to make this a success.

Please click the title above for more information on Operation Christmas Child.

2 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I would have loved to see Drew sing!!! And great job on finding the motivation to go, it really can be hard sometimes :)
love,
Jaimee

Anonymous said...

Our church has participated in Operation Christmas Child for many years now. I've got my Girl Scout troop doing it too. It's a great project! I shop for it all year long when I find things on sale. Hope your back is better. Mine hurt last week and a patient gave me some horse liniment. "for animal use only." and "rub into the coat." Worked great! Love, Ruth