After a very hectic day, I was hoping to get to the YMCA in time for spin class. Unfortunately it was a little after 6:30 pm before I got there. I seemed to remember someone mentioning a Pilates class around that time so I went upstairs to check it out. I walked in and that's when I became the sore thumb as in I WAS STICKING OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB.
Apparently Thursday afternoon is Yoga (not that I know how that is different from Pilates). I felt awkward just walking back out so I got the mats I needed, took off my shoes, and *tried* to participate the best I could.
My picture of yoga was women in weird positions, saying "Ohmmmm" and well, I don't know. I guess I just thought it was some weird thing (sorry if you like Yoga). This really wasn't anything like that - with the exception of women (and one man) in weird positions.
It was kind of nice in a strange way. I needed something calming and low-key and I sure got it. You do stretch in ways that feel very good and I'm sure I also needed that.
While I can't say that I'll ever go to yoga again, it was a nice change of pace for tonight.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
That was me- the sore thumb
Posted by Andie at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You go girl!! First of all I have been wanting to try a spin class, but was afraid!! Second, I went to a Pilates class last year and I hurt in places I didn't know could hurt....for days!!
You should try the spin class out. I was intimidated too but I actually really love the class. You set how hard it is for you, the instructor just guides you. It's really a good workout. The only thing that I didn't like was that the seat hurt my bum the first couple of times but now it doesn't. Seriously - give it a shot.
Now, I was thinking of trying Pilates this week but you have me reconsidering that one LOL!
Post a Comment