Okay, I was at spin class this morning and got to talking to my friend, Laura, about the Country Music Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. The spin instructor had said that the YMCA was going to start training for it in November and the marathon is in the spring. The timing is funny because I was just thinking about it this week and thought that I'd really like to try it this year. I thought about it last year but I had barely started working out 6-8 weeks prior to the event and well, I wasn't that motivated at a normal work-out let alone training to do a 1/2 marathon. Yes, you can walk it and you have 7 hours to do 13 miles and so it's doable but I kind of wanted to try running it or most of it.
The thought of running really intimidates me, I have to tell you. I joined the track team briefly in high school or junior high school and quickly determined that it was not for me. It probably didn't help that I had no physical training at all and was completely out-of-shape and tried it but it left a bad taste in my mouth about running.
I've been working out consistently 5 days a week going on 3 weeks now and I have no intention of stopping. I haven't seem huge changes in my outward physical appearance (DARN IT!) but I can tell a difference inwardly. I feel a lot better and I have a lot more energy. Perhaps with a few more weeks under my belt and my physical condition a little better I can get up the nerve to actually try running.
I told Laura this morning that I was afraid to try running on the treadmill because I'll be that girl who does and ends up flying off the back and flat on their face. Seriously - that would be me!
All this typing to say, Laura & I along with a few other people have decided that we are going to try the 1/2 Marathon this year.
There, Laura, I've put it out there so we have to do it! Are you still with me? :)
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Putting it in writing.
Posted by Andie at 1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I would love to do it too. I said that last year and I didn't follow through. We will see!!
Go for it!!!
I also am supposed to do this and can not run, I was up to 11/2 mile but have gotten so sidetracked with savannah-hope ..can i join u in training?
Awesome goal! Eddie has been trying to get me to walk the 1/2 marathon? I am so not a runner ? we will see. GOOD LUCK
man. i know that i would have SO much work to do, but this is one of my goals on the "list" of many. my mom did it two years ago and i think if she can, i can.
I think we need to form our own little training group & go for it! :)
Let's do it!! I know if nothing else we could walk it in 7 hours!!! I am sure we could do better than that though!!!
Okay, Andie, it's official. Let's go for it! I can't believe I'm agreeing to this, but I think it will be really fun doing it together. When do we start? :)
Post a Comment