Thursday, June 07, 2007

Memories

We just got back today from a visit to see my family in PA. We had a GREAT time & I can't wait to share the pictures. I'm pretty tired so that will have to wait for another day but I did want to write down a few memories that have been floating around in this head of mine. They are two of my favorite memories of my childhood.

MEMORY #1: My brother w/red toe nails.

I love a good prank and my favorite one included my brother as my "victim." He had done something to frustrate me as only a brother could and I decided to exact my revenge by painting his toenails a bright red. While he was sleeping I went into his room and painted his toenails. It was during the middle of summer swim season so he was none to pleased. We lived on an air force base and I remember my mom making me go buy some nail polish remover and take it off. I took it off but he still had remnants around the edges. He went swimming anyways. Sorry Scott!

MEMORY #2: My Pop-Pop's strawberry patch.

My grandfather, also known as Pop-Pop, used to keep a garden each summer and one of my most favorite "crop" was strawberries. If you know me very well, then you know that I LOVE strawberries - they are my absolute favorite fruit. I remember going out to the strawberry patch with a basket and picking one and then eating one and so on. I LOVED going out to visit during strawberry season.

So, until I can get my pics uploaded, there are two of my favorite childhood memories.




0 comments: