Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Round 5" or "I should buy stock"

Take your pick - either title will work.

Round 5 of tubes for our family.

OR

I should buy stock in whomever produces the little tubes that go in ears.

I took O to the ENT this morning and while his ear isn't still infected, the fluid is still there.

A little recap: O had tubes put in when he was 2 months old (yeah - young, we had good reason to do it). One tube fell out shortly after arriving in TN. Since that time he's been on antibiotics at least 5-6 times. He had a ear infection the end of April that required 3 rounds of antibiotics and his ears STILL aren't completely clear.

SOOO - just guess what the dr. recommended?????

TUBES and ADENOIDS!!!!!!

M has had 2 rounds of tubes and her adenoids out.

D has had 1 round of tubes.

Moral of the story: If you are a child in our family just get tubes in place before leaving the hospital, you'll end up needing them anyways.

2 comments:

Alison B. said...

it was great to finally meet you in person! see you soon.

Gwen said...

I hear ya on the tubes!!!! We're at round 4 here. I told my midwife she can put tubes in when the next child is born. Sorry Owen is heading for more tubes AND the adenoids out. Sure hope that makes it all better!