This morning started Vacation Bible School at church. The theme this year is Lifeway's "Game Day Central". My team is the Minnesota Twins (yes, Becca, I'm still bitter about not being the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!!! ;) ) The kids I have completed Kindergarten - 1st grade this past May.
The day started out pretty early, at least for me. We had to be at church at 8 am and well, that was quite the endeavor with three kiddos but we made it. My team is sitting on the FRONT row of the church - I have to laugh about that. I'm not really one to jump and dance around - my feet tend to stay planted firmly on the ground. I can keep a beat in the privacy of my own home but ask me to dance or jump around outside of that and well, it doesn't happen often. I'm sure you can imagine the crazy songs & dances that come with kids ages K-5th grade and so, well, you can all laugh at my lack of rhythm now. :)
I think I have a great group of kids. There are 3 girls and 5 boys. One of the girls had a bit of a hard time being there today and spent much of the first two rotations crying to go back to school (she came there with a local school) but she pushed through and ended up having a GREAT time.
For craft time we stuffed teddy bears that are going to be sent to children in Germany. It was so nice to have the kids do something that will make a real difference to children in another country.
We went to several other rotations and ended the day back in the worship center singing more crazy songs.
Can't wait for tomorrow.
Here are a few pics from today (yes, I couldn't resist taking my camera even to vbs!):



Monday, June 18, 2007
Vacation Bible School starts
Posted by Andie at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm sorry about the team thing--really, it WASN'T ME!!!! I'm glad you had a good first day. I have heard that over and over and that makes me HAPPY!! I know the kids are loving, and that is great. I'm sure your kids love that you are jumping around, but I feel your pain. I was up there at the end jumping too, and I'm sure I looked completely silly. Oh well--it's for the kids, right?
I just had to give you a hard time once more about the team thing :)
It was a GREAT first day. Can't wait for the rest of the week.
Post a Comment