Do you ever stop and think about all the areas in your life or character traits that you have that you view as flaws and wish were different? I do from time to time and honestly, just had a few of mine (or rather one big one) in my face today.
My flaw of choice today: I am very unorganized and unstructured to the point that at times I feel like I appear lazy.
Maybe that doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me and to those that have to live with me (feel sorry for my kids & husband!).
In an ideal world I would be this super organized wife & mother with a plan in place for my week before it even began. I'd have a list of daily tasks that included what to clean, what to wash, what to eat and what days those things needed to happen. I would remember the budget and not forget what I spent the day before and how it adds up. I would have a plan for what I did with my kids which included a wide array of activities both at home and outside the home and when I went out I'd always have everything I needed, I'd be prepared. Life would be nice, neat & organized.
I know people like this.
I wish I was like this.
I tend to fly by the seat of my pants. When I plan ahead, I rarely prepare ahead. Does that make sense? Here's an example. I knew that I was going to go swimming today with the kids and packing a lunch. The best thing for me to have done was gotten the stuff together the night before - clothes, food, etc. With three kids it would have made more sense to do this ahead of time so I wouldn't have to waste time with it in the morning. Did I????? NOPE. Instead I was rushing around the house, getting frustrated with the kids for things that weren't really their fault and leaving my house a complete & utter disaster. When we got home do you think I used their nap time to clean up said disaster? NOPE again. Perhaps if I had then I would have been able to use the time that they were awake doing something fun & productive with them instead of turning on the TV so I could clean up (which didn't really work anyways).
I frustrate myself.
I want to be more organized & structured but I just can't. I try and I fail - over and over again. I look at my friends who are with envy because I see the value in being that way. It's just not me.
Don't think I go around bashing myself all the time, I don't. I think we all have days where what we see (or choose to see) isn't the most flattering of things.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Flaws
Posted by Andie at 9:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Andie - read Sink Reflections then sign up for flylady online. Seriously. She will help you, in more ways than you think. I kid you not ... I struggle with similar things, and when I truly implement what I've learned from Marla, my life improves, as does the lives around me. And writing this reminds me that I really need to stick to it (which means going to bed right now, before I get the email reminder from flylady to do so).
Post a Comment