Tuesday, June 19, 2007

VBS Day 2 - Do My Best

"Whatever you do, whether in word or in deed,
do everything for the Lord Jesus."
Colossions 3:17


This was our theme verse for today. And the idea we were going for was to always do your best.

I have to tell you, I have been SO impressed with VBS at our church. It's not like I've really seen a lot of VBS programs or helped with them but the ones that I have seen haven't been nearly this well put together and organized. It's pretty amazing! GOOD JOB to all those that have helped put this together, I'm sure it took a TON of work but it has really paid off. It's been a blast!

Here are some more pics. I'm sure that y'all think I'm crazy for even bringing my camera but, hey, I'm a scrapbooker (when I find the time) and I love to take pictures (just ask anyone who has gone anywhere with me LOL).

Miss. Jennifer starts us off with fun songs. Here she is showing us how to sing a "Camp Fire Song". Miss. Jennifer is doing a GREAT job leading some of the music and fun stuff. I have to say, though, the songs have really changed since I worked at a camp. Whatever happened to "Father Abraham" and the Egyptian song? :)

Pastor Allen with his the kids helping with the worship. Looks like fun - huh?



Sorry Laura - I had to share this - it's not an embarrassing picture though :) In our closing assembly they choose a crew leader to come on stage and today it was Miss. Laura. She was a good sport and was really good at bouncing a basketball and twirling a hool-a-hoop at the same time. GO LAURA!
We made spirit hands (I guess that's what they're called). This is Miss. Suzanne whose group was at our table too!

I love this - he came up with everything on his hand all by himself!!! WOW.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so glad you are having a good time. And I'm glad you are taking pictures. We may need them for the "files!" I have seen a few other crew leaders with cameras, so you aren't the only one!!

Megan said...

You have some great pictures! Glad your week is going well.

lauraknight said...

Wasn't today fun? I'm loving VBS as much as the kids!!

Maybe tomorrow will be your day to be on stage. :)

Ruth said...

Thanks for hanging in there. I hope you don't make yourself sicker.
Great pictures!