Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

I have to tell you, I think my kids have the very best Daddy ever and I am so thankful for that. Eric is a WONDERFUL father. I love to watch him interact with the kids. He is very thoughtful and involved with them. He's not afraid to take all three kids out and about by himself. For Mother's Day he took all three kids by himself to the Discovery Center to make me a Mother's Day gift and then took them out to lunch and out a few other places. That's pretty good, don't you think? A week or so ago he came home with a bag full of stuff from the store. I was confused as to what he got until he told me that he wanted to make ice cream cone cupcakes with the kids (pics below). The next day he got Morgan & Drew to help make the yummy treats. The other day I went out and when I came home he had made cupcakes with the kiddos. The games they play around the house are hilarious. They love to play "Gotcha" with soft toy balls. The kids run and Eric pelts them with the balls - they love it.

I really wanted Eric to have a special Father's Day because he is very special to us. I wanted him to pick a place that he wanted to have lunch and was really suprised at what he chose. He could have gone anywhere but he chose to go to Chuck E. Cheese! WHAT??? He said that he wouldn't have a Father's Day without being a father and so he wanted to do something that the kids would enjoy. We had been promising Drew that we'd take him to CEC for doing so well on his potty training so we decided to go there. Good choice honestly - with everyone going out for Father's Day, CEC's was pretty empty! :)

The only other thing he wanted to do for Father's day was take a nap so he's downstairs right now "watching" the Cardinal's game and taking a nap.

Thank you for being a FANTASTIC father Eric!!

Pics from making cupcakes:



0 comments: