One of my favorite sweet treats was brought around by the ice cream man - the chocolate & banana bomb pop. YUM! Every time the ice cream man comes through our neighborhood I have to restrain myself from running out there and buying one LOL!
Well, now, I have something else that will always remind me of one of my favorite sweet treats - my downstairs bathroom!!!!!
About 6 months ago I purchased paint for all three of our bathrooms. We got our master bath painted but after painting our family room/kitchen and living/dining room we were burned out on painting and the paint just sat there. Well, I was wanting to paint my craft room as I have an idea for it but couldn't justify painting it until we got the other two bathrooms painted so I decided to get started again. I took the paint back to Lowe's and had the cans shook up again since they've sat for so long and then I got working.
My "vision" for our downstairs bathroom was a very, very light cream color with a tinge of yellow. I found the sample of the paint that I thought would be "perfect" and got it, expecting the room to look as I had envisioned.
NOT SO.
Note to self, small room w/no windows and yellowish lighting magnifies any tiny bit of yellow in the paint and suddenly I have Little Miss. Sunshine living in my bathroom. Oh my goodness - you seriously needed sunglasses to go in that room. WOW!
So - you may be wondering where the chocolate part of that choc/banana bomb pop comes in. Well - wait for it, it's coming.
First I grabbed some white paint we had lying around and tried to dry brush over the yellow and then I tried using a plastic bag for a different technique on another wall. No noticeable change.
I painted it a slightly lighter color without improvement and then decided to try the paint that we had used on our family room & kitchen. I couldn't simply go for straight painting with that one either. I again tried dry brushing and using a plastic bag and it didn't look bad at all but all I could think of was how my bathroom now looked like a bomb pop! Seriously - chocolate and banana was all I could think when I looked at it.
So - I painted over it with the family room/kitchen color - classic khaki.
After seeing how crazy the yellow looked it that bathroom I am thinking I need to not paint the kids' bathroom yellow. Theirs is a duck theme and yellow would look great - a bright, vibrant yellow - and yes, I purchased this paint about 6 months ago as well. We have the same lighting in there as well so I'm betting it would be crazy yellow.
So - does anyone need any yellow paint? Seriously! I have PLENTY.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Chocolate/Banana Bomb Pop
Posted by Andie at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment