I'm back from camp and it was amazing! When I'm not feeling all drugged up, I will give an update on everything that happened.
It seems I am developing a bad habit of getting sick while at church retreats (I got sick at Collision too). On Thursday morning I woke up with extreme pain on my left side and eventually agreed to go to the ER. It was assumed based on my symptoms that I had a kidney stone. The dr. didn't do a CT Scan at that time though. I was thankful that the extreme pain went away and I was able to finish out the last day and a half of camp with just a nagging pain and a general sense of being unwell. I began to wonder if a kidney stone was really the problem.
Fast forward to last night. Things were pretty painful but manageable with ibuprofen and a heating pad until about 5 am when I experienced the absolute WORST pain of my life. OH MY WORD. I quickly took the prescribed pain killers and then insisted that Eric take me to the ER. I'm glad I went.
If you know me at all, then you know that I am TERRIFIED of needles so I wasn't overly enthused to have an IV in the first place. Imagine my "joy" when it took the nurse blowing TWO iv's before the third one took. Ughhhh. Oh well, after it was put in I experienced the pleasures of effective pain relief and was taken for a scan.
Diagnosis - several kidney stones on my left side, one on it's way to my bladder, hence the pain, one kidney stone on my right side and a urinary tract infection despite the fact that I was already on antibiotics after my Thursday ER trip (they changed my medicine since it obviously wasn't working). Also found out I that am pretty severely anemic so I need to take care of that as well.
I'm so thankful for my parents being here. They flew in from PA to spend time with my kiddos while I went to camp and it was a lifesaver to have them here this morning when I had to go to the ER.
THANK YOU so much Mom & Dad - words can't begin to tell you how much I love and appreciate you!!!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
2 ER's in 2 days
Posted by Andie at 1:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Let me know if you need anything. Hope you feel better soon.
Ashley
Ohhh Andie! We'll be praying! Hang in there!
~Kristin and the boys
POOR THING! I was wondering why I hadn't heard back from you and now I know why. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Does your mom need a break from cooking?
Hope you are feeling better soon. Call on me if you ened anything.
Glad to know that you are doing well after your 2 ER visits.Good to spend some time with you at camp. ~Jessica
Andie please call me if you need anything! I am so sorry for all your pain and I am praying for you.
Oh Andie! I am so sorry! I hope you are feeling better. Please let me know if you need anything.
Oh yuck! Praying for your pain!
love,
Jaimee
Post a Comment