Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pink Daisy Earrings

The other day Morgan asked if she could get her ears pierced. She said that she knew it would hurt a little but she would be brave. Last night we talked about it with Dad but he wasn't overly enthused about the idea. I think it was more that it was another sign that his little girl was growing up.

Morgan & I ended up convincing him and away we went to Claire's.

When we got there another girl, 18 years old, was getting her second holes in her ears done and was making it seem like a big, stinkin' deal. Oh my. We walked to the back of the store because I didn't want Morgan to get freaked out by how this other girl was reacting.

Then it was Morgan's turn. She picked out some cute pink daisy earrings and hopped right up in the chair. You can see the nervousness in the first picture but the happiness of having it done in the second picture.

She was excited this morning to put her hair back in a ponytail so that she could show off her new earrings at the Kindergarten party with some church friends.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go Morgan...love your earrings!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

How cute! I remember how excited I was to get mine pierced! She's precious!

SUZANNE said...

They looked way cute in person today. Soo happy that you got to come to the party and hang out with your BFF, Bailey. Happy Birthday again Andie, there is 45 minutes left to go. Hope it was a good one!

Anonymous said...

Wow! so grownup! I remember taking Hannah to get hers done for her 10th birthday. We made a big deal out of it and took some friends along for support.
Happy birthday a day late Andie! Enjoy camp!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Good earring choice Morgan! My first ones were so boring, but I too was excited! My mom made sure there were two "piercers" so that I wouldn't get one done and not want to do the other because it hurt too much! ;-) Happy Belated B-Day Andie...sorry I missed it! Hope it was a great one! I'll be praying for your camp adventure this week...can't wait to read about it!
~Kristin