Thursday, June 19, 2008

Power Lab (VBS 2008)

Well, VBS is almost over, only one more day. Can I just say that it has been SO MUCH FUN??

Yesterday we walked on "water" like Peter. That was a riot. We mixed 24 lbs of cornstarch w/water until it made an almost solid consistency. It looked like water on top but when you stepped on it, it was solid. TOO COOL. I loved seeing the reactions of both the kids & adults.

Today was the day that the Gospel was shared. There were 41 children who made decisions to accept Christ!!! Isn't that awesome???? I am so happy for them, they have no idea the kind of amazing adventure awaits them as a Christ-follower.

Another bright spot in this VBS is the middle-school worker that has been helping me out. I've really enjoyed getting to know him, he has been such a hard worker and so enthusiastic. We've just got so many good kids, students, etc. helping out, we are a very blessed church.

One day left and then it's time to gear up for Camp Whatever with the middle & high school students. I have to admit, I am TIRED. I am SO not a morning person so this getting up, having myself & the kids ready and OUT-THE-DOOR by 7:45 am is catching up with us. I'm looking forward to staying up late and sleeping past 5:45 am next week at camp (hey, don't burst my bubble, I know that I won't be getting much sleep next week either but a girl can dream.)

G'night!

0 comments: