Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mud on your eyes (VBS 2008)

Yesterday started Vacation Bible School at our church. The theme this year comes from Group's POWER LAB curriculum. I am LOVING it!

Last year I had the privilege to be a crew leader and take around 8-10 Kindergarten students. I had fun doing it and it made me even more excited to help out again this year. This time I am doing a Bible Blast room. This is where they experience a hand's on Bible story.

Today the key thought was "Jesus give you the power to help others." The Bible story we experienced was when Jesus healed the blind man by putting mud on his eyes. We met the kids in the hall and blindfolded their eyes. They got to walk around the room not being able to see. Then, we put "mud" over their eyes. Oh yes, we went there!!! Relax, it was just oatmeal, but the kids didn't know that! After Jesus put the mud on the eyes of the blind man, he told him to go wash it off in the pool at Siloam. When I said that I think a few of the kids got a little worried about what might come next. No swimming pools, just wet wipes.

How did we get to the main point? Well, Jesus and his friends stopped when they saw the blind beggar and they helped him. How many times do we walk right past someone who needs help? Why don't we stop more often? How do you think the beggar felt when Jesus stopped & helped him?

The kids had a blast and I think the crew leaders enjoyed this one too! Tomorrow the kids get to walk on water - don't you wish you could be there too?

GOOD JOB to all those that have worked so hard to make this happen. I think there are about 500 children (at least), participating this week so you know it took some major hard work on the part of those at the church. Pastor Allen, Ruth, Becca & everyone else who has helped - GOOD JOB!

2 comments:

Diana said...

From yur post I'm wondering who had more fun, you ....or the kids.

Ruth said...

We could not do it with out all of our our wonderful volunteers!!!! Thank you for serving all our kiddos. Thanks for showing them Jesus!!!