Well, you've probably seen my posts about getting ready to go to the Student Ministry Camp Whatever this summer and you know how excited we all are about going. Our group of 9th grade girls has been working their tails off to earn the money to go to camp ($200 per person) and we are SO excited (yes, I'm going too & can't wait).
The student ministry has had such a tremendous response by the kids to go to camp (380 total!!) that they are in DESPERATE need of 10 more camp counselors.
Before you shake your head "no" or tune me out, take a few minutes to prayerfully consider it.
I know that the idea of working with middle & high school students can seem over-whelming and make you feel a bit uncomfortable. I know I was when I started. Sometimes it's in doing something that we aren't comfortable in that God blesses us the most. It's in those times that we have to rely on Him to help us. I've certainly found that to be true this past 9 months as I've worked alongside my friend, Megan, to lead a small group of 9th grade girls. It has been the most challenging, uncomfortable, and WONDERFUL time.
So, think about it - REALLY think about it. Pray about it. If you're a mom with kids, do you have any family close that can watch your kids during the day while your husband is at work? If you're a working person, can you sacrifice one week of your time to be used by God and changed by God?
If you are interested, please contact David McCaman at the church (david.mccaman@fbcsmyrna.org).
I hope to see you at camp!!!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Can YOU help???
Posted by Andie at 6:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
thank you Andie. You heart for students is amazing!!
Post a Comment