Thursday, April 26, 2007

Why?

Okay, something has bugged me every since moving to TN and after driving today, I just have to ask.

WHY do they "do" the roads the way that they do here, I seriously don't get it.

You can be at a stop sign and if you turn right the road is under one name and if you turn left, it's another. Example - if you are at the intersection of Broad street and 96 it is Old Fort Parkway if you turn right (coming from Smyrna) or Memorial if you turn left. It is like that EVERYWHERE.

You can be driving on a road and it will change names for no apparent reason. Example - Nissan, Hwy 102, Lee Victory Parkway, Almaville Rd, and eventually Sam Ridley = ALL THE SAME ROAD!

Or, better yet, you can turn onto a new road but the name will be the exact same as the road you just turned off of. Example = One Mile Road, Rocky Fork (or whatever this road is named), etc.

Ackk! This makes a newbie to the area CRAZY.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Welcome to Middle TN!! It is so bizarre, I agree. It isn't like this everywhere. I even had a hard time when I first moved here, from only an hour away! Those civil engineers!;)

lauraknight said...

It's crazy, isn't it? I wish I had an explanation, but I don't have a clue.